This was one of my favorite weddings I've ever photographed - every moment and detail was so incredibly personal and intentional. I've never been around a more joy-filled, enthusiastic group of friends and family. It thunder-stormed literally all but five minutes of the wedding day, and instead of being disappointed that they didn't get the sunny outdoor wedding they were hoping for, Emily + Jesse had the most positive attitudes. Everyone laughed uproariously and cried unabashedly (including me) for the entirety of the day.
Some of the best parts of the day:
- Jesse crying every time he looked at Emily
- all the Sufjan Stevens-inspired decor and music
- the ceremony officiated by one of Jesse + Emily's best friends which was basically a super heartfelt and hilarious stand-up comedy routine.
- an entire bridal party full of actors and comedians. Best personalities around.
- Jesse + Emily's choreographed first dance
- light-up flower crowns for all the guests to wear
- the dance floor energy, especially when "Jesse's Girl" came on
Venue - Blue Dress Barn
Dress - BHLDN
Florals - Truer Design
Videographer - MCA Media
Hair - Michelle Bement
Makeup - Melanie Narbutis